From: Sergio Polini <sp_rm_it@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] I'm going crazy ;-)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 20:21:12
1 What's happening about locales/languages?
2 I've tried to install PHP-Nuke and Xoops, but one of them (I don't
3 remember which one, now ;-)) doesn't like utf8 encoding, because it
4 creates too long primary keys for MySQL.
5 So I remerged MySQL and replaced "utf8" with "latin1"
6 in /etc/mysql/my.conf.
7 I've emerged Mediawiki (thanks Ric!) with the math USE flag, but when
8 I try to save a page containing a formula I get the error message:
9
10 "1267: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and
11 (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' (localhost)"
12
13 Yes! My wikidb database was created with latin1_swedish_ci
14 collation!!!
15 And phpmyadmin says to me that MySQL charset is utf8!!!
16
17 Who has set those collation values??? I didn't...
18
19 Sergio
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list