From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Intel SRT + SSD + SATA
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 10:16:48
1 On 27/06/2013 12:00, Mick wrote:
2 > On Thursday 27 Jun 2013 09:19:02 Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> On 26/06/2013 16:28, Mick wrote:
4 >
5 >>> cat /etc/local.d/set_radeon_power_profile.start
6 >>> echo auto > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_profile
7 >>
8 >> I did try that once, and somehow it went horribly wrong - the machine
9 >> became *very* unresponsive to keyboard and mouse, as if it was applying
10 >> huge amounts of CPU throttling (not freq scaling)
11 >
12 > Hmm ... interesting. I do not get any such problems. I have set up
13 > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_method to 'profile' and power_profile to
14 > 'auto' as shown above and the fan behaviour is comparable to MSWindows. Are
15 > you sure you did not try 'low' instead of 'auto'?
16 >
17 > Perhaps leaving power_profile at default and using 'dynpm' at power_method may
18 > work better? Have a look here:
19 >
20 > https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI
24 I'll give that a try.
25
26 I may have just had bad luck back when or even done it wrong. I don't
27 *really* need this to work, I only brought it up because the OCD
28 engineer in me freaks out with optimizations I find I can't use. And
29 also because many other folk do need maximum battery life
33 Alan McKinnon
34 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com