From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] depclean wants to remove xorg-server and xf86-video-intel
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:01:02
1 >> depclean wants to remove xorg-server and xf86-video-intel and I'm a
2 >> bit scared to do that.  Does anyone know what might be going on there?
3 >>
4 >>  x11-base/xorg-server
5 >>     selected: 1.6.3.901-r2
6 >>    protected: none
7 >>      omitted: none
8 >>
9 >>  x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel
10 >>     selected: 2.7.1
11 >>    protected: none
12 >>      omitted: none
13 >
14 > Looks like you don't have anything installed which needs them. If you really
15 > need xorg-server (means: if this is a desktop machine), you should add the
16 > package to your world file.
17 >
18 > HTH...
19 >
20 >        Dirk
21
22 Don't most (all?) X apps depend on xorg-server? I have many of them
23 in /var/lib/portage/world. For example, abiword, gnucash, and
24 gnumeric.
25
26 - Grant