From: Mateusz Mierzwinski <mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Belated switchover to pidgin from gaim, fails silently
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 23:15:52
1 Kevin O'Gorman pisze:
2 > I just got around to noticing that my "gaim" IM client is deprecated.
3 > I emerged pidgin and it shows up in the menus, but all attempts to
4 > start it silently fail.
5 > I tried looking in /var/log/*, for instance, and get nothing.
6 > Grepping there for 'pidgin' and still nothing.
7 > Does anybody want to help me guess?
10 > --
11 > Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
12 Try to change name of directory in Your home - .gaim to someelse. Next
13 try to start pidgin. If it fails, then run emerge --sync && emerge
14 pidgin -va (set flags for things you need) and next try to run again. If
15 renaming of .gaim catalog help's then this is incompatibility of
16 configure files or some archives. Try to experiment. IF somethings
17 happend, wrote here.
18
19 Mateusz M.
20 --