From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Heads Up - switching to profile 17.1 is not as easy as it sounds
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 10:34:45
1 I had some trouble switching to the new profile 17.1.
2 Following the advice in the news item didn't suffice.
3
4 I had to reinstall some packages "by hand", e.g.
5 I had to reinstall util-linux quite early.
6 I had to reinstall x11-libs/libva without the opengl USE flag, since it
7 couldn't find libopenGL otherwise.
8
9 After reinstalling mesa (which depends on libva), I'll try to reinstall
10 x11-libs/libva with the opengl USE flag.
11
12 Currently I'm reemerging gcc bintuils glibc before I proceed with the
13 other packages selected by
14 emerge -v1 /usr/lib/gcc /lib32 /usr/lib32
15
16 Perhaps, it's only me.
17
18 Helmut