From: "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hardened-sources reverted to 2.6.39-r8 :(
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 21:30:21
1 El 22/09/11 22:07, Manuel McLure escribió:
2 > On Sep 21, 2011 9:13 PM, "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)"
3 > <klondike@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Well deprecated version removal tends to happen because we are not
5 >> going
6 >> to aim for those versions stabilization AND there is a newer version
7 >> available AND upstream tends to ignore bugs happening on older
8 >> versions.
9 > I myself am a little miffed that all gentoo-sources between 2.6.33 and
10 > 2.6.37 inclusive were removed from the tree. My MythTV box was running
11 > 2.6.35 because it was the highest kernel I could use without having to
12 > move to lirc-0.9.0 (which I have been unable to make work correctly in
13 > multiple attempts.) I had a complete disk failure (LVM won't even
14 > succeed in doing "vgchange -ay") and had to rebuild the system, now
15 > I'm stuck back at 2.6.32 :(
16 Or you can just get the ebuilds for CVS:
17 http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/sys-kernel/hardened-sources/?hideattic=0
18 the patches for all those kernels are still there and we won't remove
19 them in the near future:
20 http://dev.gentoo.org/~blueness/hardened-sources/hardened-patches/
21
22 Thank blueness for this answer, I'm only being the mailman here ;)