From: Carsten Hauck <zem42@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Looking for simple GUI MUA that works with ssmtp
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 15:32:30
1 On 26/12/22 at 10:37, Philip Webb wrote:
2 >221226 Walter Dnes wrote:
3 >> Mutt has served me well over the years,
4 >
5 >Me too, since c 1998.
6 >
7 >> but thanks to *BRAINDEAD CORPORATE IDIOTS*
8 >> I need a GUI client to parse 100 K of HTML that replaces 1 page of text.
9 >> These aren't just plain spammers, but businesses that I deal with regularly.
10 >> It seems that plaintext email is going the way of cursive writing.
11 >> Any suggestions for an MUA that can spit out rmail to port 25 ?
12 >
13 >I use Most to browse e-mails & Gvim to edit replies.
14 >If there's a link to goto an HTML version,
15 >I R-click on the URL & choose to open it in Firefox.
16 >If there's no link, but it's presented as HTML,
17 >I copy-paste the URL to Firefox & open it similarly.
18 >
19 >Mutt is so good, I'm willing to take this slight detour
20 >rather than wade thro' the mud of a GUI client.
21 >
22 >--
23 >========================,,============================================
24 >SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
25 >ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
26 >TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca
29 I startet migrating from Thunderbird to Mutt a year or two ago and it
30 took me a lot of searching through the interwebs re HTML.
31 Now I use www-client/w3m to represent HTML inline, anything fancy I open in
32 my main-browser. The mail is saved in a temporary directory. Pressing
33 'v', highlighting the 'text/html'-line an pressing 'm' does the trick.
34
35 From my .mutt/mailcap:
36 text/html; mkdir -p /tmp/mutt \; cp %s /tmp/mutt \; librewolf /tmp/mutt/$(basename %s) &;
37
38 text/html; w3m -I %{charset} -T text/html; copiousoutput;
41 Kind regards,
42 Carsten