From: David Abbott <david@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tethering an htc incredible
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 18:04:37
1 On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jun 17 2011, David Abbott wrote:
3 >
4 >> I am currently connected with a Google Nexus One. I am going to attach
5 >> two files, my current lsmod and /usr/src/linux/.config
6 >> Also I use wicd to connect. I had to add the wired network usb0
7 >> HTH
8 >> David
9 >
10 > Thank you very much.  I will  work on this starting monday.  But one
11 > question.  What do you mean by "I had to add the wired network usb0"?
12 >
13 > I have created the symlink net.lo --> net.usb0, but I don't seem to get
14 > any usb0 interface.  Did you do anything else?  I do run wicd.
15 > I am guessing it is kernel options, but just want to make sure that
16 > there isn't some command I am forgetting to issue.
17 >
18 > Thanks again,
19 > allan
22 If you open up wicd => Preferences => General Settings => Wired
23 interface the defaultis eth0.
24 I did not have to manually create any symlink as I think wicd does any
25 majic that is needed on its own.
26 One think to consider is that your phone does not have tethering
27 enabled, that your carrier has blocked it.
28 All the best,
29 David