From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: GCC 5.4.0 again
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 18:52:10
1 On 2017-04-26 10:53, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > # revdep-rebuild --library 'libstdc++.so.6' -- --exclude="gcc gentoo-
4 > sources" --jobs --load-average=48
5 >
6 > ...only to find that gentoo-sources was indeed emerged, though gcc
7 > wasn't. What's gone wrong here? I've always found that style of
8 > specifying exclusions to work before.
9
10 How does gentoo-sources depend on libstdc++ ??
11
12 My guess is that it doesn't, and that it wouldn't have been emerged had
13 you not mentioned it at all. I think revdep-rebuild does some dumb
14 string substitution when constructing the emerge command line, such that
15 gentoo-sources ends up being an atom name rather than exclusion.
16
17 Maybe
18
19 --exclude gcc --exclude gentoo-sources
20
21 would work?
24 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
25 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
26 Don't clear-text sign:
27 http://primate.net/~itz/blog/the-problem-with-gpg-signatures.html