From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] freetype-2.3.3 messed up my desktop
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 19:26:44
1 Hi All,
2
3 Just updated my laptop and noticed that freetype-2.3.3 was installed.
4 Restarted xorg and the font size and legibility of X apps changed for the
5 worse. The fonts are now considerably smaller, anti-aliasing makes them look
6 really blurred, fixed-width font in Kmail is shown grey(!), etc.
7
8 Am I the only one that had this unwelcome (in my case) change? I tried
9 removing anti-aliasing for fonts 06-12ps, but then they looked rather jagged
10 and extremely wiry (too thin). I'd rather didn't change everything to bold,
11 but fear that in five minutes I am going to get a migraine due to eye
12 strain! :)
13
14 Is this the way it is supposed to look?
15
16 PS. In reality it looks more blurred that the attached picture, probably
17 because of the low quality of the monitor.
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick

snapshot1.png image/png