From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Linus Torvalds on systemd
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 19:52:29
1 On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
2 <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Am 17.09.2014 um 21:02 schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
4 >> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
5 >> <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 >> [snip]
7 >>> Now you use this to advertise for systemd?
8 >>>
9 >>> Systemd fanbois are becoming more and more desperate.
10 >> So, systemd is used (or it has been announced that is going to be
11 >> used) by default in all the major distributions, is available and
12 >> working great in Gentoo, and many Gentoo users and developers use it
13 >> happily.
14 >>
15 >> So, yeah, we are *really* desperate, obviously.
16 >>
17 >> Thanks for the laugh.
18 >>
19 >> Regards.
20 >
21 > you will stop laughing when redhat&poettering abandon systemd because it
22 > is 'fundamentally broken' and must be replaced with something else.
23 >
24 > Probably as soon as everybody got used to it.
25 >
26 > And if I guess correctly, pulseaudio will be the driving force behind
27 > it. Because history loves repetition.
28
29 Sure Volker, whatever you say. I'm willing to bet the future stability
30 of my desktop and server machines that your doomsday-scenario will not
31 happen. Actually, I'm already betting on it.
32
33 What are you willing to bet?
34
35 Again, thanks for the laughs. You are a funny guy.
36
37 Regards.
38 --
39 Canek Peláez Valdés
40 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias