From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any way to get real text console without killing X capability?
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 03:05:03
1 On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 06:43:32PM -0500, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > The current ebuild is screen-4.0.3, and up to screen-4.0.3-r4 (with
3 > ~everything) shows up after an "emerge --sync". I can
4 > "./configure --with-various-options && make && make install" with the
5 > best of them (not that I know what I'm doing<G>), but the latest builds
6 > of "screen" are in a git repository, which I'm not familiar with. Plus
7 > which, these builds could be alpha or very early beta, so I don't really
8 > want to use them on a production machine. Keywording ~amd64 ebuilds is
9 > as much "bleeding edge" as I want to go.
10
11 May be you want to try 'tmux', which was discussed on this list a
12 short while ago. The key combo for vertical splitting is C-b %
13
14 Since version 1.2 it supports vertical and horizontal splitting,
15 version 1.3 in portage is amd64, and 1.4 is ~amd64.
16
17 W
18 --
19 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
20 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
21 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton