From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} "dumb" ethernet mover
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 14:22:33
1 On 2010-06-01, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 00:15:20 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> > You could use a pair of powerline adaptors to route the ethernet
5 >> > across the mains wiring. I use them for my MythTV front end, because
6 >> > SWMBO would go apeshit if I tried running ethernet cables through the
7 >> > living room.
8 >>
9 >> Do those not count as "non-Gentoo decision-making devices"?
10 >
11 > No, because they do not make decisions.
12
13 OK.
14
15 > They are no more intelligent than an ethernet hub.
16
17 I doubt that.
18
19 I would think they're at least as smart as a modem or an Ethernet
20 switch.
23 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Is this going to
24 at involve RAW human ecstasy?
25 gmail.com