From: Steven Susbauer <stupendoussteve@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question on my USE choiche
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 06:44:39
1 On Sat, 20 May 2006, Anthony E. Caudel wrote:
4 > >However, you'll need kdelibs to be compiled against it if you want to hear
5 > >sounds in kde (and I mean sounds generated by kde, not sounds from amarok...)
9 > Not sure what you mean by this. Should arts be installed before emerging
10 > kdelibs?
11 >
12 > Or something like this: "USE=arts emerge kdelibs" (which of course pulls in
13 > arts)?
14 >
15 > Tony
18 If you have arts enabled in your use flags, portage will install arts
19 automatically when kdelibs, or other things that care about the use flag,
20 is going to be built (or just add it to package.use). It is never a good
21 idea to use the 'USE="blah" emerge foo' syntax, as it doesn't stick. If
22 you were to do a kdelibs upgrade, it would ignore arts.
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list