From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] voice or touch data entry apps
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 18:11:37
1 James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm looking for special types of applications that allow
5 > for data entry, via voice commands or using the touch screen
6 > on a touch screen enabled laptop.
7 >
8 > KDE4 is my preferred desktop, but any application that
9 > will run on kde4 and gentoo is of interest. Is there
10 > anything like this out there? My specific application
11 > is for live data entry into some form of interface
12 > that resembles a the kind of score sheet used manually
13 > for stats during a basketball game.
16 > Any ideas or resources are welcome related to software, touch screen
17 > enabled laptops or tablets or voice input/response are all of
18 > keen (gentoo) interest for me.
21 > James
24 I have gentoo on a tablet fujitsu P1610 but I've not had time to look
25 into the touch screen setup. Busy now and still need to move from xorg
26 1.3 to 1.5. However I intend to take a look at
27
28 app-text/xournal
29
30 as soon as I have the stylus working.
33 Valmor