From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey and Firefox clash over rust version.
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 11:30:16
1 On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 at 12:28, Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 at 11:33, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > I read in a bug report that this is fixed in a overlay. Makes me wonder
5 > > why this has been going on for a month or so without a 'in tree' fix.
6 > > I'd rather not add a overlay but if it is the only fix, may have too.
7 >
8 > An alternative to adding the whole overlay (and the poly-c overlay is
9 > quite big) is to just copy the ebuild you want to your local overlay.
10 > It looks like poly is involved in the maintenance of this package
11 > normally, so I'm not sure why this is not in the main repo yet, if
12 > there is something weird being worked on.
13 >
14 > The biggest change if you copy it locally, is that you get the latest
15 > released version of seamonkey, and the rust dependency in the ebuild
16 > has been updated to:
17 >
18 > >=virtual/rust-1.34.0
19 >
20 > That seems to indicate that the current requirement of <1.53 was never correct?
21 >
22 > Either way, worth a try if you ask me, you're on a newer version, the
23 > rust conflict with firefox will not come up again, and hopefully
24 > eventually, the main gentoo repo will get even newer versions so
25 > you'll get automatically updated without having added a full extra
26 > overlay.
27
28 Also, the ebuild to copy:
29