From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] app-text/binutils?? [SOLVED]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 01:22:56
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen writes:
2
3 > What is the output of:
4 >
5 > # grep app-text /var/db/pkg/sys-devel/gcc-*/*
6
7 Nothing.
8
9 > and what is the output of:
10 >
11 > # cat /var/db/pkg/sys-libs/{glibc-2.2.5-r2,glibc-2.5}/SLOT
12
13 A blank line, and 2.2.
14
15 I grepped in /var/cache/edb, nothing there, and locate binutils|grep text
16 also showed nothing. Just in case this could mean anything.
17
18 Then I tried emerge --metadata, and suddenly the problem is gone. Whatever
19 it was. Wow, now I have 872 packages to emerge.
20
21 Thanks for your help, Bo!
22 Do you think I should file a bug, so the devs become aware of this potential
23 problem, or should we just hope it never happens again? I still wonder
24 what may have caused this, looks to me like something got corrupted badly.
25
26 Alex
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list