From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can I get a tip for reading eix output?
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:00:22
1 On 6/15/2009 8:28 AM, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Can I get a likely search string for the massive man page of eix to
3 > understand all the info contained in its ouput.
4 >
5 > A quick search on `output' seems to miss it.
6
7 The eix man page is way too long, and about 90% of it is only useful to
8 the people trying to customize it beyond recognition, so it always takes
9 me a while to find what I want to know, too.
10
11 In this case, the information you want was snuck into the examples (!!!)
12 in the "Slots" section of output. You'll notice that one of the
13 examples has a series of !flags, while the description says the output
14 indicates RESTRICT= options, and you get to extrapolate from there. So,
15 !t means RESTRICT="test"