From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: (Was) Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --update behavior
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 14:56:31
1 Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:
2 > On 02.01.2012 18:58, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
3 >> On 01/02/12 12:47, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> Again, 'equery depends' will tell you if any package locatable
6 >>> through the @world hierarchy needs the package. No need to
7 >>> uninstall anything to do that level of investigation.
8 >>> revdep-rebuild -I is also useful, although more historically than
9 >>> now.
10 >>>
11 >
12 >> This was essentially Michal Mol's suggestion, and I gave an
13 >> example where it would remove something important.
16 >>> Really, the proposal to 'fix --update' doesn't address really
17 >>> knowing what your system is running and why. Get to the root of
18 >>> that and the --update thing becomes the non-issue that many of us
19 >>> think it is.
20 >>>
21 >
22 >> This would be a suggestion to travel back in time and document
23 >> something that I have no way of knowing now.
24 >
25 > You could create your own overlay with "meta"-ebuilds, e. g.
26 > system-maintenance, customer1, customer2.
27 > Inside the ebuilds you define depends on the packages the customer wants.
28 > Doing so you could wipe everything except the "meta"-ebuilds from world.
29 > When a customer quits you can unmerge his or her "meta"-ebuild and
30 > depclean.
31 > If you add everything needed to the respective "meta"-ebuild, you'll
32 > always be on the safe side.
36 Getting EnigMail set up on a Seamonkey/Win7 box, and Enigmail is
37 complaining that your signature is unverified. I don't know/understand
38 PGP/GPG all that well, but I think this is something you're supposed to
39 be able to fix on your end. If that's not the case, let me know, and
40 I'll get it fixed on my end. :)
41
42 gpg command line and output:
43 C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG\gpg.exe
44 gpg: Signature made 01/03/12 09:05:56 using RSA key ID 8D16461C
45 gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found