From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel panics and more info
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 11:13:48
1 Dale writes:
2
3 > Here we go again. New thread, same problem. I'm compiling info over a
4 > period of time here so bear with me. Info alert:
5 [...]
6 > Right now, just look over my info, see if you see anything insane there
7 > and if not, recommend something I can use besides flash. Maybe some
8 > third party thing that works reasonably well. If youtube works, I
9 > should be good to go since the sites I go to are using the same thing,
10 > some even source youtube.
11
12 I'd also try other video drivers, like nouveau or nv. I think you did not do
13 this yet, sorry if I just overlooked it. They may not work as well as the
14 nvidia-drivers for you, but this way you can rule out the video drivers, or
15 confirm it has something to do with them. I still suspect they are the
16 cause, and there is an obscure bug that only Firefox triggers.
17
18 Oh, and have you tried firefox-bin already?
19
20 Wonko