From: Petr Uzel <petr.uzel@×××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best printer to use with Gentoo.
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:53:57
1 On Wednesday 24 January 2007 17:32, Carl Adams wrote:
2 > Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
3 > > At OpenPrinting there is no record for your HP PSC 1610 but for HP PSC
4 > > 1600 which should work perfectly. So yours should be working as well i
5 > > guess! Are you using the HP drivers?
6 >
7 > Yes, I've downloaded the recommended hpijs driver, and this should work.
8 >
9 > The problem is using the localhost:631 interface, I don't know either:
10 >
11 > 1. The device. It's a USB printer, but the choices are:
12 > AppSocket/HP JetDirect
13 > Backend Error Handler
14 > Internet Printing Protocol (http)
15 > Internet Printing Protocol (ipp)
16 > LPD/LPR Host or Printer
17 > SCSI Printer
18 > Serial Port #1
19 > Serial Port #2
20 > None of these seem appropriate.
23 Hi,
24 make sure you have hplip running before configuring cups. Then there should
25 appear something like hp:/ in that list.
26
27 I've PSC 1610 and it works perfectly.
28
29 I hope it will help, otherwise, feel free to ask :)
33 Petr Uzel
34 petr.uzel@×××××××.cz
35 Jabber : knotor@××××××××××.cz
36 ICQ : 101606095