From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: Gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Anyone successful in paravirtualizing Gentoo on XenServer?
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 17:05:35
1 Hello!
2
3 I'm trying to run Gentoo in PV-mode on XenServer 5.6. I have been
4 unsuccessful for the past 8 or 9 attempts (I've lost count already).
5
6 So, I'd like to know if any of you have successfully paravirtualized
7 Gentoo on XenServer?
8
9 I also have some questions:
10
11 1. Is it true that PV mode is supported only on amd64 kernel? Because
12 when I do a 'make menuconfig' on x86, some Xen-related options are not
13 visible.
14
15 1a. What about the 'hardened' kernel?
16
17 2. Does XenServer's pygrub require an initrd? If so, how do I make one
18 without using 'genkernel'?
19
20 3. Is there any settings I should be careful of, beside those related
21 to Xen? Like, such-and-such *must* be included or excluded?
22
23 Thank you for you kind help :)
24
25 Rgds,