From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Video & audio out of sync mkv mplayer
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 20:08:14
1 On Tuesday 24 Jun 2014 13:19:32 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 03:16:27PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > On 21/06/2014 15:01, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
4 > > > What could be amiss there?
5 > > > Thanks.
6 > >
7 > > dodgy source files?
8 > >
9 > > use the mplayer hotkeys that gets them back in sync
10 >
11 > I recently had a file, I think it was a TV recording. I re-encoded it with
12 > ffmpeg, both audio and video. I think it was here where it complained about
13 > litter in the audio stream.
14 > In the end the produced MKV had a huge audio offset of several seconds. I
15 > used the A/V delay hotkeys, but they had no effect. I could not bring audio
16 > and video together, so eventually I ditched the files, no point in keeping
17 > them.
18
19 You may want to try -async 2 next time you re-encode them, or set it to do
20 more than one pass.
23 Regards,
24 Mick