From: Massimiliano Ziccardi <massimiliano.ziccardi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network problem with linux server
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 12:48:46
1 Hi All.
2
3 >The routes and ifconfig seems correct to me.
4
5 >How is the router configured?
6 >I specifically mean, does it have any firewall configurations redirecting
7 >SSH-traffic to your machine?
8
9 I don't have access to the routers, however they are used for many other
10 servers too.
11 Moreover, I tried the ssh command because I wanted to be sure I was pinging
12 the right servers (for some reason they can't ping me!) and I discovered
13 that I was pinging myself.
14
15 Moreover I'm trying to ping/ssh on servers that are on the same lan and the
16 network technician (?!) assured me there is no firewall between my server
17 and, for example, 195.75.145.33.
18
19 Another strange thing I noticed is that :
20
21 1. 195.75.146.104 (that passes through a firewall!!) is able to ping my
22 server
23 2. 195.75.145.33 (that is on the same net without firewall) is not able
24 to ping my server
25
26 I have the dubt something strange happens in the routers/switch, etc.
27 However, since I have that strange behaviour on my machine (ping itself,
28 etc.), thay says my server is bad configured.
29
30 Moreover, 195.75.145.33 is able to ping many other servers on the same net
31 but mine.
32
33 Don't know what else to do...
34