From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: back up gentoo system
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 14:02:04
1 On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 6:40 AM, Michael Schmarck
2 <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On the other hand, sharing storage space makes a lot of sense.
6 >
7 > No, it does not· Not for such important and specialized things as
8 > backups.
9 >
10 > For general usage: Yes, it makes a whole lot of sense. But we're
11 > not talking general usage here.
12 >
13 > Michael
14
15 I don't understand why it doesn't make sense. (Full disclosure - I
16 keep backups for both Windows and Linux on the same pair of drives.)
17
18 In my case I have two external drives. I do my backups and when they
19 are complete I move the images for both Windows and Gentoo to the same
20 drive. The next week I swap and use the second drive doing the same
21 thing. If one drive fails I have the second backup drive. Both drives
22 have Windows and Gentoo backups. Why is it a problem?
23
24 - Mark
25 --
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list