From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xbmc-13 upgrade to kodi-14 - no physical keyboard input
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 00:17:22
1 On 05/30/2016 12:42 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > I finally got around to upgrading all my frontends to kodi-14, and none
3 > of them have any usb keyboard input. I have a physical keyboard plugged
4 > in and it doesn't respond to keypresses.
5
6 I managed to figure this out.
7
8 All of my frontends start mythfrontend and I'd created a menu entry for
9 xbmc/kodi in mythfrontend itself, so I could start it when needed.
10
11 Kodi dropped sdl support[1] and so now when it is started in this manner
12 X doesn't focus the newly-created kodi window. If you boot directly into
13 kodi apparently this issue doesn't happen.
14
15 To get around this, I modified my kodi startup script that mythfrontend
16 uses:
17
18 #!/bin/bash
19 /usr/bin/kodi &
20 sleep 3
21 DISPLAY=:0 xdotool windowfocus `xwininfo -display :0 -name "Kodi" | grep
22 "Window id:" | cut -d\ -f4`
23
24 So the script starts kodi, detaches it, waits a couple seconds for it to
25 start up, then queries X for it's window ID and forces focus to it.
26
27 Works now.
28
29 Dan