From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Managing multiple systems with identical hardware
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 07:43:25
1 On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 23:07:14 -0700, Grant wrote:
2
3 > Build time itself really isn't a big deal. I can have the
4 > clients update overnight. Whether the clients emerge or emerge -K is
5 > the same amount of admnistrative work I would think.
6
7 I can think of one exception, the occasional ebuild that doesn't compile
8 for whatever reason. Using emerge -K will only install packages that have
9 successfully compiled on the build host. This won't protect against
10 install bug, because the portage build the package and then installs from
11 it, but it will catch most glitches.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.