From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: What is forcing the qt4 USE flag?
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 07:22:08
1 On 01/23/2016 06:04 AM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > I have a weird problem. I have an ebuild where either qt4 or qt5 can be
3 > enabled. They are both disabled by default and I have to choose which
4 > one I want. The ebuild does that with:
5 >
6 > IUSE="qt4 qt5"
7 > REQUIRED_USE="^^ ( qt4 qt5 )"
8 >
9 > I'm on the plasma profile which enabled qt5 automatically. However,
10 > portage complains:
11 >
12 > The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
13 > exactly-one-of ( qt4 qt5 )
14 >
15 > The qt4 USE flag is enabled. I can't see where. I didn't enable it
16 > anywhere in any of my /etc/portage/* files. If I emerge with:
17 >
18 > USE="-qt4" emerge package
19 >
20 > then it works. So I have to explicitly disable the qt4 USE flag even
21 > though I didn't enable it in the first place.
22 >
23 > Can someone enlighten me?
28 Which package is it? We can add an entry to the Plasma profile's
29 package.use to avoid the REQUIRED_USE.