From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alsa problem
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:45:42
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:04:11 +0800
4 "Chuanwen Wu" <wcw8410@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > I just setup a gentoo in my dell1400 laptop,and until now,the sound
7 > problem is not solved yet.
8 >
9 > Here is the problem:
10 > $ aplay 01.mp3
11 > ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:864:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
12 > aplay: main:545: audio open error: No such file or directory
13
14 This indicates that the dmix module (NOT kernel, but alsa-lib!) might
15 be missing.
16
17 I ran into some similar problems, I think they modified the way
18 alsa-lib is configured and made it more fine-grained. Missing an
19 ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS setting in my /etc/make.conf, I had no plugins at all.
20
21 So I suggest to check your /etc/make.conf, and if not present and you
22 want minimum hassle, append that line to /etc/make.conf:
23 ---snip
24 ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw copy dshare dsnoop extplug file hooks ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null rate route share shm"
25 ---snip
26 (works for me)
27 then re-emerge alsa-lib.
28