From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] question about portage capabilities
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 01:33:22
1 Hello all,
2
3 I am using a package called Rasmol, which is used for visualization of
4 molecular structures. This software uses a certain table for atomic
5 sizes, and I need to change some values in that table - it is stored
6 in a header file within Rasmol source code. There is an ebuild for
7 Rasmol, and it works fine - but what I'm wondering is how I can tell
8 portage to STOP once it unpacks Rasmol in the temporary work directory
9 - so I can tweak some things in the source code - and then resume the
10 build, using what's already in the work directory. Looking at a
11 manpage for emerge, I didn't immediately get any creative ideas, but
12 might someone offer some advice for how to accomplish this?
13
14 Many thanks,
15 Denis