From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: solving curl dependency issues
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 15:08:38
1 On 05/14/2012 06:08 AM, walt wrote:
2 > On 05/14/2012 03:49 AM, Space Cake wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> For several weeks I'm trying to solve dependency issues with curl, but I'm lost.. any idea?
6 >
7 > That problem drove me nuts for months. I finally discovered by desperate
8 > trial and error that un-setting the 'curl' useflag fixes it. Finally!
9
10 Sorry, I forgot that I also un-set the 'nss' and 'openssl' useflags.
11 Now I have only the gnutls useflag set. (I kept that one because the
12 gnutls is GPL, not because I think one is better that the others.)
13
14 The only thing I insist on being encrypted are ssl connections in firefox,
15 so my encryption needs are minimal, maybe less than yours.