From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Allow work from home?
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 07:42:20
1 On Tuesday, January 19, 2016 01:57:38 AM lee wrote:
2 > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> writes:
3 > > On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 7:26 PM, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
4 > >> Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> writes:
5 > >>> However, while an RDP-like solution protects you from some types of
6 > >>> attacks, it still leaves you open to many client-side problems like
7 > >>> keylogging. I don't know any major corporation that lets people RDP
8 > >>> into their applications in general.
9 > >>
10 > >> What do they use instead?
11 > >
12 > > As I mentioned in my previous email - they just hand all their
13 > > employees laptops. Control the hardware, control the software,
14 > > control the security...
15 >
16 > I mean instead of rdp. It's a simple solution which works really well
17 > on a LAN with Windoze. What's the equivalent that works with Linux?
18 >
19 > I wouldn't try it over an internet connection, though, it requires too
20 > much bandwidth.
21
22 RDP works over an internet connection, even when running it through a VPN
23 using a dodgy wifi link over a busy road and a slowish ADSL link.
24
25 VNC also, but only when reducing the quality of the display a lot.
26
27 Not tried other methods yet.
30 Joost