From: Roy Wright <royw@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] FYI, need to re-emerge googleearth after upgrading X 7.1 w/ Nvidia beta drivers
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 22:03:23
1 Howdy,
2
3 The other week I unmasked the nvidia beta drivers, then unmasked
4 X 7.1. Well and good.
5
6 Until I tried to run google earth. This was a first for me. Totally
7 unresponsive
8 system, spawning ksysguard processes about every other second. Couldn't
9 ctrl-alt-Fn, couldn't keep the focus in a konsole long enough to do
10 anything.
11 Finally had to power down.
12
13 After powering back up and killing a ton of ksysguard processes, examined
14 the googleearth ebuild. It looks like it uses a provided installer. My
15 guess
16 is the installer senses the environment and sets configuration options.
17
18 Re-emerging googleearth solved the main issue.
19
20 The ebuld looks like it has a dependency on the version of X and
21 nvidia-drivers.
22 Not sure why my system didn't require a rebuild when I upgraded X. YMMV.
23
24 Still have a side-effect where the ksysguard applet can not connect to the
25 localhost.
26
27 HTH,
28 Roy
32 ruby -e 'puts "qnxv?bhrbn-bnl".tr(" -}","!-~")'
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list