From: "Florian Gamböck" <ml@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Purpose of bashcomp_alias in bash-completion-r1.eclass?
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 15:07:46
1 Good day!
2
3 Before reporting a bug I wanted to hear other opinions on that: In
4 bash-completion-r1.eclass, what is the true purpose of bashcomp_alias?
5 For now I only see error messages when trying to "eselect bashcomp
6 enable" two aliases of the same script because of the same linkname.
7 What benefit could one gain in aliasing their completion script to
8 differnet names?
9
10 In fact I find this confusing and highly contradicting, because you
11 obviously can enable only one alias at the same time, but actually with
12 enabling one you automatically enable all the others, since they are
13 symlinks. Then why even bothering with those aliases? (Actual example:
14 app-text/calibre-1.48-r1, which installs 14 or so aliases to the exact
15 same completion script.)
18 Flo