From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: "Hervé Guillemet" <hg@×××××××.fr>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo chroot with old glibc
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 08:27:09
1 > That's what I did: I found a 2017 stage3 with a still older glibc and
2 > managed to upgrade to a 2020 gentoo while masking the last glibc
3 > versions. That was tricky because I had to git-checkout intermediate
4 > versions of the portage tree in order to deal with the EAPI changes but
5 > I have a working chroot now. Thanks.
6
7 That's the easy way to do it, yes.
8
9 The hard way is to treat this as a cross-compilation problem and bootstrap
10 your own stages from scratch. Instructions would be a bit longer...
13 Andreas K. Hüttel
14 dilfridge@g.o
15 Gentoo Linux developer
16 (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)