From: Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My Continuing ALSA Woes [SOLVED]
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:22:38
1 Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > A funny thing about it is that although sound
3 > was playing I couldn't hear it through my speakers until I unplugged the
4 > speakers from the back of the computer and plugged them back into the
5 > headphone jack in the front. Go figure...
6
7 Some motherboards (based on via chipset) have a jumper setting which disable
8 (disables?) the rear audio ports. The following is from a MSI K8MM-V
9 motherboard:
10
11 "If you do not want to connect to the front audio header, pins 5 & 6, 9 & 10
12 have to be jumpered in order to have signal output directed to the rear audio
13 ports. Otherwise, the Line-Out connector on the back panel will not
14 function."
17 I recommend to check your motherboard's manual.
18
19 > -Michael Sullivan-
22 Norberto Bensa
23 4544-9692