From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: sgtphou@×××××××××.org
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] [OT] LiveCD with rdiff-backup?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:47:34
1 > I am using rdiff-backup for my full system backups. Of course, it would
2 > be annoying if I had to use it to do a full restore. I would need a
3 > LiveCD with rdiff-backup on it.
4 >
5 > I am assuming the gentoo install cd's dont have this. I have looked at
6 > knoppix, it is not on those. Any ideas?
7
8 Sure, there's stuff in gentoo-wiki about building a live CD from gentoo:
9
10 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_build_a_LiveCD
11 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_build_a_LiveCD_from_scratch
12
13 Also there appears to be a live CD for linux from scratch that may allow for
14 a simpler live cd creation:
15
16 http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd/
17
18 I haven't done anything with it but it appears to have scripts etc. to build
19 your own live CD. It's probably much more minimal than the Gentoo CDs, so
20 you might be able to package it with part of your backup data.
21
22 If so you could boot with disk 1, restore data, mount 2 and restore, ...
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list