From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] WM that does not require policykit, consolekit, and gudev
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 21:34:41
1 On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Chris Stankevitz
2 <chrisstankevitz@×××××.com> wrote:
3 [snip]
4 > 1. Understand gudev, policykit, and consolekit and not be frightened
5 > of them (a tall order given the google results I am getting). Then
6 > enable the USE flags and install xfce4-meta
7
8 FWIW, the idea behind gudev, polkit and (soon to be deprecated)
9 consolekit, is that you don't need to "understand" them; they should
10 "just work". In my experience, that is the case.
11
12 Regards.
13 --
14 Canek Peláez Valdés