From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I eject an audio CD inside Gnome?
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 03:20:15
1 Stroller wrote:
2 > My next machine will have 8gb of RAM, and I'm pretty confident I won't see this problem; I typically have 40 - 60 browser tabs open in perhaps 8 different windows.
5 > Stroller.
9 I used to do that when I was on dial-up. Large pages would take so
10 long, I would click on the links then go take a shower while they
11 loaded. Now that I have DSL, that is sort of funny. I thought I was
12 the only one that did that. lol
13
14 Way back when I worked on computers, we serviced Mac's, well Apple in
15 General. I always liked Macs. They were easy to work on and just plain
16 worked back then. I'm not sure where Linux was at that time. This
17 would be about 1990 or so. I'm a old fart sometimes. o_O
18
19 If you think 8Gbs is cool, try 16Gbs. It takes it a while to even fill
20 up with cache. I tried putting portage's work directory on tmpfs, it
21 wasn't any faster. I could have spent that on a really large drive
22 instead.
23
24 Dale
25