From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why does genkernel mess about with mounts, when make install doesn't?
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 00:36:34
1 On 2021.11.12 18:34, Wol wrote:
2 > I've just been swearing blue murder because when I run "make install"
3 > it puts the kernel in /boot.
4 >
5 > But when I run genkernel it mounts a completely different boot,
6 > sticks the initramfs in there, and then unmounts it.
7 >
8 > Which means when grub-mkconfig comes along, there's no initramfs and
9 > my grub.cfg gets screwed.
10 >
11 > WHY!!!
12 Check the genkernel config file carefully for relevant options. I use
13 genkernel, and it installs into the existing, mounted /boot and doesn't
14 mess with it.