From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cryptosetup
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:03:35
1 Am 15.07.2011 16:52, schrieb Kan:
2 > 2011/7/15 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com
3 > <mailto:paul.hartman%2Bgentoo@×××××.com>>
4 >
5 > On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Kan <000i.kan@×××××.com
6 > <mailto:000i.kan@×××××.com>> wrote:
7 > > I have configured a crypt volume, but i forget the key. :/
8 > > How to show or change password of a crypt volume using cryptsetup?
9 >
10 > Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of encryption if that were possible?
11 > I think you can't do anything unless you remember the key.
14 > Suppose... i've the key... how to verify that is the same key
15 > configured in filesystem, when the system still up?
16 > Thanks.
19 Try `cryptsetup luksAddKey $device`.
20
21 It asks you to enter the old key and then lets you install an additional
22 one. You can later delete that second key. Please look at the man-page
23 for the necessary command.
24
25 BTW: Please don't top-post, e.g. put your response below the message you
26 are quoting (where I've moved your reply). That facilitates reading long
27 threads.
28
29 Hope this helps,
30 Florian Philipp