From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I don't want portage to update Libreoffice......
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 17:54:17
1 On 08/11/13 01:16, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 08/10/2013 09:27 AM, Andrew Lowe wrote:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >> As per usual an update of Libre Office is failing and causing all
5 >> sorts of build troubles. I have an install, the previous version, of
6 >> Libre Office working so how do I stop portage from trying to update to
7 >> the latest.
10 >> [ebuild UD ] app-office/libreoffice-4.0.4.2 [4.1.0.1]
11 >>
12 >> What do I have to fiddle so that portage won't want to upgrade
13 >> libreoffice? This is stopping my "-NuD world" from completing so I need
14 >> to suppress libreoffice for the time being and come back to it later.
15 >>
16 >> Any thoughts, greatly appreciated,
17 >>
18 >> Andrew
21 > You can use the --exclude parameter (I think?) and it will ignore it for
22 > the one command, then after everything is updated you can solve it
23 > further. Try:
24 >
25 > emerge --exclude app-office/libreoffice -NuD world
26 >
27 > This is not a permanent change but it will allow you to complete your
28 > update, then you can set the masking afterwards.
29 >
30 > Dan
33 It worked. Thanks. Now to get this all sorted out and Libre Office to
34 build at leisure.
35
36 Andrew