From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on a Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 20:31:14
1 >> I just received the new Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook and I'm trying to
2 >> install Gentoo but I can't get install-amd64-minimal-20120223.iso to
3 >> boot via a USB key.  I installed it to two different USB keys via
4 >> unetbootin but I get this right after it asks for the keymap:
5 >>
6 >> Looking for the cdrom
7 >> Attempting to mount media:- /dev/sda1
8 >> Attempting to mount media:- /dev/sda2
9 >> Attempting to mount media:- /dev/sda3
10 >> Attempting to mount media - /dev/sda4
11 >> Media not found
12 >> No bootable medium found. Waiting for new devices...
13 >> Could not find CD to boot, something else needed!
14 >> Determining root device...
15 >> Could not find the root block device in .
16 >>
17 >> It must be reading the USB key fine or it never would have gotten that
18 >> far.  Maybe it has no drivers for the disk controller, but then why
19 >> does it reference the cdrom?  I tried the nosata and ide=nodma options
20 >> to no avail.
21 >
22 > Use some other distro on the USB device to get you a chroot.
23
24 Thanks Alan, I'm installing via a Kubuntu ISO. Does Gentoo have
25 anything like a daily live ISO?
26
27 - Grant