From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] checking local packages against portage
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 02:06:34
1 Ryan Tandy wrote:
2
3 > Joseph wrote:
4 >
5 >> Recently I found out that I had an old package "avifile" installed on my
6 >> system but it was no longer in portage.
7 >> How to check packages that are installed on my system but are no longer
8 >> available in portage (so I can remove them)?
11 > /usr/sbin/emaint --check
14 Well, I thought that was neat until I got this:
15
16 > root@smoker / # emaint --check
17 > usage: emaint [options] all | world
18 >
19 > Currently emaint can only check and fix problems with one's world
20 > file. Future versions will integrate other portage check-and-fix
21 > tools and provide a single interface to system health checks.
22 >
23 > emaint: error: Incorrect number of arguments
24 > root@smoker / #
27 In case it matters:
28
29 > root@smoker / # emerge -pv portage
30 >
31 > These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
32 >
33 > Calculating dependencies ...done!
34 > [ebuild R ] sys-apps/portage-2.0.54-r2 -build +doc (-selinux) 0 kB
35 >
36 > Total size of downloads: 0 kB
37 > root@smoker / #
40 What's up with that?