From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange network problem
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 05:17:15
1 > Since you are the one sending RESETs instead of ACKs, I'd use hping (hping
2 > -S -p 80 64.233.181.113) and check if the box also sends RESETs instead of
3 > ACKs using CLI, or with bash+nc :
4 > ( echo "GET / HTTP/1.0" ; echo ; echo "host:www.google.com" ; echo ) | nc
5 > 64.233.181.113 80
6 > If you can actually read google sources using that, your browser is to
7 > blame, or a plugin ?
10 I agree with Florian - the problem is clearly your end. You should be
11 sending ACK after the SYN/ACK from google, not an RST. I would have through
12 that the OS would perform the TCP setup tho, not the browser itself.
13 Checking with different software is worthwhile to verify whether that is
14 true or not. You could also try 'lynx www.google.com' instead of the echo/nc
15 thing.
16
17 Also if you want us to look at the capture, send it in pcap (binary) format
18 so we can see all the detail.