From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: move to xfce and forget kde and gnome
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 16:04:37
1 On Friday 19 August 2011 13:54:40 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > You change your profile. You can see your current profile with:
4 >
5 > eselect profile list
6 >
7 > For KDE you would use "default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop/kde" and for
8 > Gnome "default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop/gnome".
9
10 Those are recent additions to the profiles. At any rate, I only started using
11 the KDE one this year.
12
13 If Laszlo has default/linux/amd64/10.0 as his profile already (that's what I
14 used to do), he's going to have to do an awful lot of work with USE flags. A
15 full re-installation may be easier in the end.
16
17 Any time I do a fresh installation, I back the whole thing up to external
18 disk at significant stages of the operation so that I can start again (if I
19 need to) from much further on.
20
21 > For anything else, use "default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop". Then do a:
22 >
23 > emerge -auDN --with-bdeps=y world
24 > emerge -a --depclean
25
26 He may find that it doesn't make much of a change, depending on which profile
27 he has set now.
30 Rgds
31 Peter Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23