From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Creating binary packages before updating them
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 19:51:12
1 On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:45:53 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > > I suspect you could also do this by defining a custom src_setup
4 > > function in /etc/portage/bashrc - FEATURES="buildpkg" is a lot less
5 > > hassle unless you are really tight on disk space.
6 >
7 > Too big a hammer. I suppose the answer is just "no." I was hoping for
8 > some obscure emerge option that I wasn't seeing (happened before), like
9 > "--buildpkg-replaced" or something. I'll keep using quickpkg then. I
10 > only need this very rarely.
11
12 Checking the portage man page, I see you can set up per-package bashrc
13 files. Once you get the first one scripted, you can just copy/symlink it
14 for every package you want a per-emerge package for.
15
16 The exact implementation is left as an exercise for the reader :)
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Always be sincere even if you don't mean it.