From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot message re: Future Revision date
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 21:41:11
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday 01 July 2007 19:53, Colleen Beamer wrote:
3 >> Dale wrote:
4 >>> Colleen Beamer wrote:
5 >
6 >> Yes, I dual boot with Windoze. However, I don't remember the last time
7 >> I booted into Windoze - ages ago and again, up until yesterday, I never
8 >> saw these messages.
9 >
10 > If you dual boot, it is recommended that you set your /etc/conf.d/clock to
11 > local, otherwise leave to UTC:
12 > ==========================================
13 > # /etc/conf.d/clock
14 >
15 > # Set CLOCK to "UTC" if your system clock is set to UTC (also known as
16 > # Greenwich Mean Time). If your clock is set to the local time, then
17 > # set CLOCK to "local". Note that if you dual boot with Windows, then
18 > # you should set it to "local".
19 >
20 > CLOCK="UTC"
21 > ==========================================
22 >
23 > HTH.
24
25 Well, /etc/conf.d/clock has *always* been set to UTC ever since I
26 started using Gentoo in 2004 and I've always dual booted with windows.
27 I never had these messages before.
28
29 However, I bow to the superior knowledge of the people on this list :-)
30 and I set CLOCK="local" and rebooted, I still had the messages.
31
32 ls -al shows dates that are all 2007 and prior or equal to today's date
33 or if not they specify a date in 2006 for all files in /etc/init.d,
34 /etc/conf.d and rc.conf.
35
36 Everything works, it's just that those messages are annoying. What can
37 I say ... I'm anal about some things! :-)
38
39 Something weird is definitely going on.
40
41 Regards,
42
43 Colleen