From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what is lvmetad?
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 19:47:16
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 28/02/2014 21:12, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 > > In the newest lvm, there is something called lvmetad, but it won't
5 > > start because /run/lvm is missing. When I created by hand, it then
6 > > started, but when I then started lvm which would not start without
7 > > lvmetad, it said lvmetad was started, but disabled.
8 > >
9 > > Can anyone tell me what is going on here?
10 > >
11 > > Thanks.
14 > the ebuild issues an elog:
15 >
16 > * Make sure the "lvm" init script is in the runlevels:
17 > * # rc-update add lvm boot
18 > *
19 > * Make sure to enable lvmetad in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf if you want
20 > * to enable lvm autoactivation and metadata caching.
23 > Did you notice it and follow it?
24
25 I did not ignore, but I could not find where use_lvmetad was and up till
26 now it never made any difference, but I see where it is. but lvmetad
27 would not start at all till I manually created /run/lvm.
31 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
32 How do
33 you spend it?
34
35 John Covici