From: zati@×××××××.hu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] net.eth0 startup
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 20:54:16
1 This could be because of some dependency shit.
2
3 E.g. Apache needs to start up a network interface, or sshd, and such
4 things.
8 On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 20:34:29 +0100, Samir Faci <samir.list@×××××.com>
9 wrote:
10
11 > I have weird behavior with my net.eth0 service.
12 >
13 > I don't want it to start up by default, so I did the usual rc-update del
14 > net.eth0 default and rc-update del net.eth0
15 >
16 > it's not listed as a startup service, but still insists on starting up
17 > when
18 > my computer starts up.
21 > Does anyone know if something changed in how gentoo handles interfaces?
22 >
23 > --
24 > Samir
29 Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/